Demystifying Immediately Sequential Bilateral Cataract Surgery – A Beginner’s Guide 6th July 2020
ISBCS is a valid and highly efficient method of cataract surgery provided that quality and infection control are assured, monitored, and maintained. At this webinar, the faculty of international experts were drawn together to provide practical considerations for those considering taking their next steps with ISBCS.
Highlights of the webinar:
- Comparisons between ISBCS and Delayed Sequential Bilateral Cataract Surgery (DSBCS)
- Experience in performing routine bilateral cataract surgery in Canada since 1996
- Review of the publications on ISBCS which comparing complication rates in patients with ISBCS and DSBCS
- International Society of Bilateral Cataract Surgeons (iSBCS): a look at the resources and general principles
- Key learnings on transitioning to ISBCS
- Advantages of ISBCS for patients and hospitals
- Q+A session: focusing on discussions around whether the left or right eye should be operated on first
This webpage and this meeting are intended for healthcare professionals only.